Would you like to work with us?
We’re looking for someone friendly and motivated to join our Box Office team. Full details of the position are below and the deadline for applications is Friday 3 October.
Box Office Assistant
Project Arts Centre (PAC) is seeking applications from motivated individuals to join the Box Office team at the busiest arts centre in the country. The Box Office Assistant is a key member of PAC’s team and the courteous and efficient running of Box Office is an essential part of our customer service activities.
PAC is Ireland’s leading centre for the presentation and development of contemporary art, dedicated to protecting the independent sector and nurturing the next generation of Irish artists across all forms of the performing and visual arts. Based in Temple Bar, Dublin 2 PAC consists of two performance spaces and a gallery and presents over 620 events, curates and co-ordinates 6 exhibitions each year as well as co-producing many productions as part of our Project Artists initiative.
This is a part time casual position with varied hours, including evening and weekend work – approximately 28 hours on offer per week. The Box Office Assistant will report to the Front of House Manager and Bar and Sales Manager and ultimately to the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to customer enquiries in person and by telephone, mail and email;
- Process ticket sales for all PAC events;
- Maintain an effective and efficient system of filing of bookings and correspondence and process online bookings;
- Maintain customer records on the ticketing system at all times ensuring all data is collected and entered correctly;
- Promote the PAC Friends Scheme;
- Contribute efficiently to the daily activities of Box Office and smooth running of the building;
- General admin and support of PAC’s events as required;
- Comply with emergency evacuation and safety procedures, as directed by Management.
Desired Knowledge and Understanding
Applicants must have:
- Enthusiasm and appreciation for contemporary arts;
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to work on one’s own initiative in a pressurised environment;
- Good communication skills and an excellent telephone manner – fluent English essential;
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours;
- A high level of computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages;
- Previous Box Office experience would be an advantage (but is not obligatory).
They should also be:
- A good team player and an excellent timekeeper
Letters of application accompanied by an up to date CV and the names of two referees should be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to Claire O’Neill, General Manager, Project Arts Centre, 39 East Essex Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, by 5pm on Friday 3 October, 2014.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 9 of October, 2014.
All applications will be acknowledged by email. If you apply and do not receive an email please contact us to ensure your application has reached us safely.