- 21 April 2017-10 June 2017
Free admission Mon – Sat from 11am
Opening reception: Thu 20 Apr from 5.30pm – all welcome!
An international group exhibition that delves into the story how 24 Orthodox icons came to be housed in the collection of the National Gallery of Ireland. Purchased in Istanbul by a British Diplomat in the early 1920’s during the fall out of World War One and the Russian Revolution, the paintings found their way to Ireland in the 1960’s.
The exhibition explores the ideas emanating from this story, of countries dissolved and populations dispersed, meditating on the role that arts plays in the times of upheaval.
Guest Curated by David Upton
Join the conversation