Applications are now open for the Project Arts Centre Assistant Curator of Visual Arts 2016-2017, which is an internship position under the JobBridge scheme (INTE-1055335).
We’re seeking an individual with energy and commitment to support the growth and daily operations of the visual arts programme of Project Arts Centre. The individual will work closely with the Curator of Visual Arts, as well as learning from the whole team of the multi-disciplinary arts centre.
The successful candidate will be in personal contact with the artists of the programme, and will work to realise a wide variety of exhibition scenarios, gaining hands-on experience in all aspects of exhibition production, as well as playing an integral role in shaping and managing the communications of an internationally followed visual arts programme.
This is an opportunity for a young or emerging curator to gather significant experience and contacts inside one of Ireland’s busiest cultural institutions, and join the ranks of our curatorial alumni: Jenny Comerford, Neasa O’Shea-Brady, Emer Lynch, Kate Strain, David Upton, Ciara McKeon, Rachael Gilbourne and Saskia Vermuelen.
This Assistant Curator internship of 2016-2017 may be of particular interest to emerging curators, who will be undertaking their internship as Project Arts Centre prepares to deliver the Pavilion of Ireland at the Venice Biennale, with Commissioner Tessa Giblin.
Skills & Education:
- Graduate degree in Fine Art, Art History or relevant fields. A master’s degree in curating, art practice or critical studies will be of interest.
- High level of competency in written language, organisation and clarity of presentation.
- The ability to work unsupervised, and to work within a busy office, utilising one’s own problem-solving skills.
- The best candidate will have a strong commitment to the internship period and personal ambition for their own career pathway.
- Knowledge of and interest in international contemporary art practice will be a distinct advantage.
- Applications should be sent to Administrator, Annette Devoy firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 3 August 2016
- Please include the reference number INTE-1055335 on your application.
- Applicants should supply a letter of interest in the job, including personal strengths, what specifically you might bring to Project Arts Centre’s Visual Arts and highlighting an event or exhibition in your past that highlights your strengths.
- Interviews will be held at Project Arts Centre on Monday 8 August – please indicate that you will be available on this day in your application.
- The internship is offered for 9 months – please indicate in your application that you are committed to this period.
- The internship is approved under the JobBridge National Internship scheme and applicants must be eligible under the terms of the scheme – please indicate in your application that you are eligible for this internship.