Job Description – Doorman
Project Arts Centre (PAC) is seeking applications from motivated individuals to join the team at the busiest arts centre in the country. The Doorman is a key member of PAC’s team; welcoming audiences to the building and providing a security presence are an essential part of our customer service activities.
PAC is Ireland’s leading centre for the presentation and development of contemporary art, dedicated to protecting the independent sector and nurturing the next generation of Irish artists across all forms of the performing and visual arts. Based in Temple Bar, Dublin 2 PAC consists of two performance spaces and a gallery and presents over 620 events, curates and co-ordinates 6 exhibitions each year as well as co-producing many productions as part of our Project Artists initiative.
This is a part-time casual position with varied hours, including evening and weekend work – approximately 20-25 hours on offer per week. The Doorman will report to the Front of House Manager and ultimately to the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome patrons to the building and assist at the door as required;
- Provide a security presence for the Box Office staff and audience members during evening performances;
- Provide a security presence for the Bar Staff as required;
- Comply with emergency evacuation and safety procedures, as directed by Management and assist in evacuating the building in the case of an emergency (training will be provided);
- Track numbers entering the building for special events, as required;
- Be alert to any suspicious activity at the entrance to the building;
- Close the building securely at night;
- General support of PAC’s evening events, as required.
Desired Knowledge and Understanding
Applicants must have:
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Good communication skills– fluent English essential;
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours;
They should also be:
- A good team player and an excellent timekeeper;
- Security Accreditation would be useful, but not essential;
- A First Aid qualification would be useful, but not essential.
Letters of application accompanied by an up to date CV and the names of two referees should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Carmel Mackey, Front of House Manager, Project Arts Centre, 39 East Essex Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, by 5pm on Friday 6th February, 2015.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 11th February, 2015.
All applications will be acknowledged by email. If you apply and do not receive an email, please contact us to ensure your application has reached us safely.